+00 000 000 00 00

Holy's Message

Hi everyone! I hope you'll like my free knitting patterns. To receive notifications for new patterns, subscribe to my blog. You can also follow me on twitter or like this blog on facebook. If you have any question, feel free to ask.

Free pattern: simple short sleeve sweater



SIMPLE SHORT SLEEVE SWEATER
size: Medium
materials
·         3.5 and 4mm (size 4 and 6) needles
·         Crochet E
·        Yarn: 4 ply, green and black
Tension/ gauge
·        22sts x 30rows: 10cm x 10cm
abbreviations
·         BO: cast off (bind off)
·         CO: cast on
·         Dec: decrease
·         Rem: remaining 
·         St(s) : stitch(es)
·         St st: stockinet stitch






BACK: CO 92 sts, work in 2x2 rib for 3 cm (11/5 in) on 3.5mm (size 4) needles. Then work on st st on 4 mm (size 6) needles. When piece measures 34 cm (132/5in), shape armholes: BO 5sts for next 2 rows = 82 sts. Then dec every 2rows 1st at each side 3 times = 76 sts. When armholes measure 19cm (71/2in), shape shoulders and neckline. Shoulders: BO 2x6, 1x5sts AT THE SAME TIME, BO 16sts in the middle, BO every 2rows 1x6, 1x4, 1x2sts.

FRONT: like back except neckline: when piece measures 15 cm (6 in) from armholes, BO 12sts in the middle. BO every 2 rows:  1x4, 1x3, 2x2, 3x1st. Shape shoulders.

SLEAVE (MAKE 2)
CO 70 sts and work in 2x2 rib for 2.5 cm (1 in) on 3.5mm (size 4) needles. Then work on st st on 4 mm (size 6) needles for 2 rows. Shape cap of sleeve: BO 5sts for next 2 rows = 60 sts. Dec 1st at each side of next 4 rows = 52 sts. Dec 1st at each side every 2 rows until 30 sts rem. BO 2sts at the beginning of 6 next rows. BO rem sts.

FINISHING:
Sew pieces together and crochet the border of the neckline with black yarn.

3 comments:

Norma said...

I'm guessing a DK yarn was utilized. I like the simplicity of the pattern! Is the width for a 34" chest?

Sherrill said...

Love this sweater - it’s just what I have been looking for, but my bust measurement is 40.5”. Have you considered updating the pattern to include larger sizes? Thanks in advance for reading this. Best wishes Sherrill

Gina said...

Hi Holly,
Is there a way to help me understand this (sorry, I am a beginner): "Shoulders: BO 2x6, 1x5sts AT THE SAME TIME,".
I assume the 2x6 means 6 each side, but where do I bind off the 1x5? I am very confused, thank you for your help.
Gina

09 10